Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Horse Riding Establishments Licence

  • Phone 0141 287 5354

Stables which hire out horses or ponies for riding or instruction must be licensed under the Riding Establishments Acts 1964 and 1970.

A report is also required from a veterinary surgeon or practitioner.

How do I apply?

To apply for a licence, return your completed application form with the appropriate fee to the Licensing Section.

If you plan to submit your application at our Service Desk, you must make an appointment using our online booking system.

Appointments are available Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays.  Read more about Licensing Appointments.

Alternatively You can submit your application by post to the following address:

Licensing Section
Glasgow City Council
City Chambers
George Square
Glasgow G2 1DU

We recommend that you send the application by Recorded Delivery/Special Delivery to ensure that it is received.

How much will it cost?

Please refer to our pdf icon Fees and Charges [120kb] document for details of the current fees and accepted payment methods.

The application will not be accepted without the correct fee.

  • Phone 0141 287 5354
Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services