Skip to content
Glasgow City Council


  • 0141 276 7566


If you don't have the structure in your life that a job can give, it can be easy to go off the rails. ChoiceWorks is a programme developed to engage with people aged 16+ to break the links between worklessness and offending.

Launched in 2009, it's aimed at people living in Glasgow who are not in education, employment or training, and have an offending history of between 3 and 20 offences. Participants are primarily identified through an offender management process, but are also referred by partners or through self-referral.

The programme starts with group work that addresses offending behaviour and helps participants find ways of coping with the triggers of offending.

Participants are then given training and team-building activities to work towards securing employment or further education.

At the end of the programme, participants are matched with a partner employer to complete a nine-week paid work placement in order to gain some work experience. A significant number of people who have gone on to a placement have gained work or gone on to full time training/education.

Supported by the European Social Fund, the team works with over 100 people per year. Read about some of their experiences.

If you require any further information on Choiceworks then please get in touch.

  • 0141 276 7566
Share this page:

Help us improve this page:

A to Z:

Council Services