Due to the current outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) some of our services have been affected. We have compiled an overview of the types of support available to Scottish Businesses during the Coronavirus pandemic, please read our Information for Business Support.
If you have already emailed us we will respond to you in due course. The volume of applications is such that this is taking longer than anticipated however staff are working very hard to process applications as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
- If a grant is awarded on the basis of false or inaccurate information, it may result in arrangements being made to recover the award, and legal proceedings being initiated.
- We can not provide individual updates.
- Bed & Breakfast/Other Small Serviced Accommodation Fund will close to applications after 10 July 2020.
What is it?
The purpose of this fund is to provide hardship relief to Bed & Breakfast and other Small Serviced Accommodation businesses who have not been able to access support through other schemes as a result of banking status. Successful applicants will receive a one-off grant of £3,000.
Businesses applying to this Fund will operate with a personal bank account demonstrating business revenue and expenditure (rather than a business bank account).
If you receive the grant you can continue to work or take on other employment including voluntary work.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Membership, accreditation, registration or simple listing with a recognised hospitality or tourism agency, representative body or marketing organisation (national or local) prior to March 2020.
- At least 35% of individual income is from affected business.
- Trading profits below £50,000 in financial year 2019-2020.
- Can provide evidence of active trading up to March 2020 and intend to continue trading in the tax year 2020-21.
- Have been in business for at least a year and filed trading accounts for 2018-2019.
- Have lost or anticipate losing business this year due to coronavirus and are experiencing or anticipating financial hardship as a result; demonstrated via a simple personal cash-flow statement to the period end September 2020.
- Not in receipt of other COVID-19 related business grant support. (e.g. not in receipt of Non-Domestic Rates Covid Grants, Small Business Grants, Creative, Tourism and Hospitality Hardship Grants)
- Do not receive working age benefit payments (Universal Credit, Statutory Sick Pay, Employment and Support Allowance, Job Seekers' Allowance, Income Support) or have applied for but not yet started receiving Universal Credit or an advanced payment of Universal Credit.
- Have taken steps to limit costs and expenditure (for example, through schemes such as VAT deferral and seeking a mortgage payment holiday).
- Do not have access to sufficient savings or other sources of income to meet basic needs.
- The business operates within the local authority to whom you are submitting this application.
How to apply
If you have received any COVID related funding you are not eligible to apply through this fund.
Before starting the online application, please ensure you have the appropriate supporting documentation available to upload.
The system will not allow the application to proceed without the following pieces of supporting documentation:
- Trading name (if applicable)
- First name, last name
- Address, phone number, email address
- National insurance number
- Bank account for grant payment (must be in name of applicant).
If a different account from application bank account please provide copy of most recent statement.
Please upload images or digital copies of the following in support of your application:
- Proof of identity, ideally photographic (for example a valid passport or driving licence) - mandatory
- Proof of business address (for example a recent council tax bill or utility bill) - mandatory
- Evidence of membership, accreditation, registration or listing with a recognised hospitality or tourism agency, representative body or marketing organisation; national or local ( for example, e-copy of quality assurance certification to a simple online listing with local tourism board or entity) - mandatory
- Personal cash-flow statement to the period end September 2020 demonstrating hardship from loss of business income (300 words or less)
- Evidence of active trading up to March 2020 via four forms of financial and trading evidence - mandatory:
- Trading accounts for 2018-2019
- 3 months of personal or joint personal bank statements evidencing business revenue or expenditure on those statements during financial year 2019-2020
- This should be accompanied with one of the following:
- HMRC unique tax reference
- Or VAT registration number
- Or Business Registration Number (provided by Companies House, Charities Commission, Mutuals, Public Register and other statutory and regulatory bodies that you must file accounts and annual membership details with)
And finally any one of the following - mandatory:
- Evidence of trading, for example, a supplier or trade account (active). Or other evidence of recent business activity to support your claim (eg correspondence with customers or suppliers)
- Valid business insurance
- Current marketing materials for your business, eg business website, active social media - provide web link
To apply please complete all of the parts of the Online Form that applies to you.