There are a growing number of vehicles simply being abandoned within the city. As well as being an eyesore they can also become a danger to the public.
What is it?
A vehicle is considered to be abandoned if it meets the following criteria:
- the vehicle structure/glass has been damaged by vandalism as opposed to damage caused by a road traffic accident or
- the vehicle has unsecured doors, boot open.
- the vehicle has been partially or fully burnt out
- a car is NOT abandoned if it does not meet the above criteria.
- untaxed vehicles should be referred to the Driver Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) for enforcement.
- use the DVLA's online vehicle enquiry service
How do you report it?
If you notice a vehicle that meets any of the criteria above then contact our Abandoned Vehicles Helpline.
You will be asked to provide as much of the following information about the vehicle as possible
- make and model (e.g. Ford Fiesta)
- registration number
- exact location (e.g. outside No.1 Main Street Shawlands)
- general condition of vehicle