Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Roads and Lighting Faults

Get in touch

  • Emergency
    0800 373635
  • Motorway/trunk roads 
    0800 0281414

What can I report?

Roads Services deal with the following issues and faults.

  • roads/potholes
  • pavements
  • street lighting
  • cycleways
  • pedestrian crossings / Traffic Light
  • road drains and gullies
  • bridges
  • railings and safety barriers
  • road signs
  • street furniture
  • road markings
  • manhole covers

We do not maintain back court lighting, please contact the property landlord or factor.

Please note that due to the high volume of street lighting faults being received and significant seasonal pressure on resources you may experience a delay in repairs to street lighting faults at this time

To report an incident online

You will need to:

  1. Have a recent version of a internet browser software installed on your device, such as Internet Explorer 9 or Google Chrome.
  2. Click on this web link. A new window will open for My council - citizen login.
  3. If you have an account, login or to create an account (required once only), click the Register now button and fill in the registration form, click on the Register button to submit your account request.
  4. Once logged in - click on the submit report link and select the category for example pothole on road. Fill in the form and submit your report.

To report incidents using our smart phone app

Download our smartphone app onto your apple, blackberry or android phone. The app is suitable for all phones with GPS.

To report an emergency by phone, or to tell us about emergency faults

If you feel the fault you wish to report constitutes an emergency please phone 0800 373635.

To report motorway & trunk road faults

Please note - To report motorway & trunk road faults - (M73, M74, M77, M8, M80, A725, A726, A737, A738, A76, A77, A78, A8) contact Transport Scotland on 0800 0281414.

Get in touch

  • Emergency
    0800 373635
  • Motorway/trunk roads 
    0800 0281414
Share this page:

Help us improve this page:

A to Z:

Council Services