What is the Supported Employment Service?
The Glasgow Supported Employment Service is a team of job coaches who can support people with learning disabilities move into full time paid jobs. We know that getting a job is important for people with a learning disability but that finding and keeping a job can be difficult to do on your own. Our job coaches can support you with this.
Who is the Service for?
The service is for adults who:
- are aged 16 years or over
- have a learning disability
- live in Glasgow City
- want to work over 16 hours per week. This may mean changes to the benefits you claim.
What will the Service help me with?
The service will help you:
- develop skills
- be more independent
- gain more confidence
- get a job
- prepare for your future
Before you start work the job coach will:
- work with you and others who know you to build up a picture of what you can do and what job you really want
- give you the chance to try out different types of work so that you have a better idea of what you would like to do
- work with you and employers to get the right match for you
- support you to access any benefits advice relating to employment so that you know how getting a job will affect your benefits
Will the job coach help me once I get a job?
When you start work the job coach will:
- provide support to you on site until you and your employer are confident that you can do the job on your own
- be able to provide support if there are problems at work
How do I contact Glasgow Supported Employment Service?
If you want to know more about Supported Employment and looking for full time work contact us or Social Work Services.
Glasgow Supported Employment Service
32 Albion Street