Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Export Certificates

Contact Food Safety

  • Phone 0141 287 1059

What is it?

Businesses that wish to export food to countries outside of the European Union will require an export certificate. These certificates verify that the exporting business complies with all relevant legislation.

How do I apply?

The Consulate or Embassy of the importing country will supply you with information relating to the format of the certificate and also provide you with any other requirements needed for import.

Please note it is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the destination country's requirements are met.

After this information has been sought you must contact us with information relating to the export. This information can include:

  • Product
  • Quantity
  • Manufacturer
  • Storage conditions
  • Packaging
  • Consignor
  • Consignee
  • Date of Production/Packing
  • Mode of transport
  • Registration document (for live bivalve molluscs)
  • Alcohol Percentage

*Please note this information can vary depending on the product.

The certificate will only be supplied to those businesses that are registered with this Service and have undergone a full food hygiene inspection.

How much does an export certificate cost?

For a list of current charges please see our pdf icon book of charges [469kb].

Contact Food Safety

  • Phone 0141 287 1059

Related documents

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services