Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Certificate of Compliance for Street Trading Vehicles

What is it?

A certificate of compliance shows that a mobile food trading unit complies with Food Hygiene Regulations

Who is it for?

If you currently hold a street traders licence or are looking to apply for a licence for a food van, whether ice cream or fish van, mobile shop or snack van, you will be required to provide the Licensing section with a Certificate of Compliance issued by Environmental Health.

What do I have to do to get a Certificate of Compliance?

Read the National Standard for Food Hygiene for Mobile Traders that has been developed in association with the Scottish Government and ensure that your vehicle complies with all the requirements; a copy of the Standard is available in the 'Related Documents' section on this page.

Fill out the application form and make payment at 45 John Street where a member of staff will advise you of available inspection dates and times.

An officer will inspect your vehicle at our testing site and assess the vehicle for compliance with Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements.

If the vehicle passes inspection a certificate will be issued by post.

What happens if my vehicle fails?

One re-test will be arranged free of charge providing the re-test is carried out within Three Months from date of initial inspection. A further re-test will be carried out upon payment of a £45.50 fee.

How do i get a duplicate certificate?

The Administration fee for issuing a duplicate certificate is £26.50

If you fail to attend your appointment and do not provide 24 hours' notice you will be charged the full fee to reschedule

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services