Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Environmental Health Requirements for Temporary Public Entertainment Licence

Contact Environmental Health

  • Phone 0141 287 1059

Applications for a temporary public entertainment licence under the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 are subject to review by environmental health.

What happens next?

Officers will review your application and complete a report for licensing.  Attached to this report will be a number of conditions which must be complied with before your event can take place.  Conditions will cover things such as noise, food safety, health and safety and welfare arrangements. See the related document for Environmental Health Conditions and note that as each event is unique, not all conditions will apply to all events.

A number of the conditions require submission of documentation in advance of your event.  It is crucial that this information is provided as far in advance as possible as it will allow officers time to review them and provide you with feedback.

Every event is unique and this is why we advocate early contact with environmental health as well as other agencies including building control, Scottish Fire and Rescue and Police Scotland. Multi agency liaison will assist you in running a safe, well organised event.

In some instances there is duplication between licensing and environmental health requirements. It is essential that you supply a copy of the documentation to each department as failing to do so will result in delays in the processing of your application.

What happens if I do not provide this information?

Failure to provide the documentation required by the conditions is a breach of the licence and officers are obligated to advise the licensing section of this. Where there has been breach of the licence conditions and you wish to re-apply in subsequent years, this will be reported to the Licensing and Regulatory Committee

Where do I find out more information on organising an event?

Health and Safety Executive website event safety section

An online subscription to The Purple Guide would be of benefit to anyone involved in organising events.

Contact Environmental Health

  • Phone 0141 287 1059
Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services