Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Hypnotism Permit

Privacy Statement

Contact Us

According to the Hypnotism Act 1952, exhibitions, demonstration or performances of hypnotism which take place in public require to be authorised by the relevant Local Authority.

How do I apply?

You can write to the Licensing Section and request authorisation for the performance. Your letter should specify the date and venue for the performance along with the name, address and date of birth of the hypnotist(s).

How much will it cost?

Please refer to our pdf icon Fees and Charges [294kb] document for details of the current fees and accepted payment methods.

The application will not be accepted without the correct fee.

Privacy Statement

Contact Us

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services