Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Get Help with a Drug or Alcohol Problem

What services are available to help me with my addiction issues?

Glasgow Addiction Services organise and provides a range of services for people living in the city who are affected by drugs and alcohol.  These services include:

  • help with alcohol support and treatment
  • help with drug use support and treatment, including substitute prescribing and needle exchange
  • family support services
  • young people's services
  • services to offenders with addiction problems
  • harm reduction advice
  • rehabilitation services
  • hospital services (including outpatient, specialist in-patient and day services)
  • 24/7 drug crisis centre
  • Carers services and family support

How do I get a service?

By contacting your local Drug & Alcohol Recovery Service. If the service is for your own addiction issues then an assessment of need will be carried out. You can also get help from pdf icon Recovery Services North [634kb] or pdf icon Recovery Services South [814kb].

What do I do if I need help urgently?

If you have a life threatening emergency then call 999.

If you just need help with your addiction then within office hours, you can contact your local Drug & Alcohol Recovery Service where you will be given an urgent appointment.

Outwith office hours if the service is open, we will try to accommodate you. If we cannot and you have a drug problem, please phone Glasgow Drug Crisis Centre on: 0141 420 6969.

If you have an alcohol problem, please contact your own GP or out of hours service. You can also access information and advice from Drinkline on: 0800 917 8282 or Glasgow and Partners Emergency Social Work Service on: 0300 343 1505.

You can also contact NHS 24 on: 08454 242424. 

Share this page:

Help us improve this page:

A to Z:

Council Services