Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Entertainment Licences

Get in Touch

  • Phone 0141 287 7477
  • Fax 0141 287 3561

The regulations regarding child performances changed on 20 February 2015

More information can be found on the Scottish Government website.

How do I apply?

From Monday 5 September 2016 a new procedure for applying for an entertainment licence will be in place.  All applications should be completed electronically. To apply for an entertainment licence go to Apply for an Entertainment Licence.

In order to comply with legislation all completed applications must be submitted on line at least 21 days before the date the licence is required.

A licence is always required if the child receives payment for the performance.

The local education authority where the child resides is responsible for issuing an entertainment licence.

Once the applicant has completed Part 1 and Annexe to Part 1 they will receive an automated email confirming that Children and Young People Support (CYPS) have received the application. The applicant will generate a letter to be sent to parent/carer containing the application ID and access code to allow the parent/carer to complete Part 2. Once the parent/carer has completed their part they will receive an email confirming that CYPS have received the application. If the parent ticks the box marked "Does the performance occur during term time?" An email containing the application ID and access code will automatically be sent to the child's school for authorisation.

If an applicant or parent/carer cannot complete an application electronically they should contact CYPS and an application will be posted out. The application should be completed, signed and posted back, together with the appropriate supporting documents at least 21 days before the date the licence is required.

What other information do I need to provide?

In both cases the undernoted documentation is required:

  • A copy of the birth certificate of the child or other satisfactory evidence of the child's age.
  • A completed risk assessment detailing any potential risks arising from the child's participation in the performance or activity and information on the steps which will be taken to mitigate those risks.
  • A copy of the contract, draft contract or other documents containing particulars of the agreement regulating the child's appearance in the performances or regulating the activity for which the licence is requested.

Office location 

Children and Young People Support
Customer and Business Services
City Chambers East
40 John Street
G1 1JL

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services