Collegelands Calton Barras
The Collegelands Calton Barras (CCB) project, with investment of £27m, aims to deliver an integrated, attractive and resilient neighbourhood within the inner east end of Glasgow.
The key elements of the project include enabling rail infrastructure; Calton Barras Action Plan and Collegelands and Bellgrove Abattoir (known as the Meatmarket) site remediation and access.
The benefits to the community are:
- site remediation
- increased connectivity (to overcome major physical barriers to movement)
- public realm improvements to create a far more cohesive and navigable area that unlocks the potential of the locality.
- Improved lighting features
Consultation is underway. Further community engagement (including stakeholds like the Calton Barras Action Plan) will take place as the project progresses and develops.
The current projects are listed below:
- Improving Public Transport: High Street Station
- Improving local infrastructure and Connectivity: Meat Market Road Infrastructure
- Collegelands and Meat Market Site: Meat Market- Site Remediation
- Calton Barras Action Plan Barras Public Realm phase 1
- Calton Barras Action Plan Junction Improvements
- Calton Barras Action Plan: Developer Deficit Grant Scheme
- East of City Centre bounded by High Street; Glasgow Cross;
- Duke Street
- Bellgrove Street
- Abercrombie Street and
- Glasgow Green
- 9 - Calton
- 10 - City Centre/Anderson
- 18 - East Centre
- Outline Business Case, scoping and concept design.