Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Report a Public Health Problem

Report a Public Health Problem

Environmental health can deal with nuisances such as:

  • Minor housing disrepair, such as water ingress
  • Odours from commercial premises
  • Drainage issues where there is a public health hazard
  • Infestations of bed bugs or cockroaches
  • Problems with accumulations of domestic waste in communal back courts where there is a public health hazard

How we deal with requests

Officers from Public Health will generally visit in response to a service request or complaint and may use statutory powers to bring about environmental improvements.

Officers have the power to enter premises to carry out investigations. Where nuisance conditions are witnessed by officers they shall issue a statutory notice on the person(s) responsible to require the removal of the nuisance within a specified timescale.

Failure to comply with a notice may result in work being carried out in default by the Council and the costs recovered.

Statutory Notices, Fixed Penalty Notices and engaging directly with people to provide advice and guidance are amongst the methods used to help combat the problems.

Contact us

You can report a Public Health Problem by using our online form or by phoning 0141 287 1059.

Report a Public Health Problem

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services