Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Private Residential Tenancy

  • Phone
    0300 244 7000

What is it?

Private rented tenants who believe that their most recent rent increase is too high under a Private Residential Tenancy entered into after 1 December 2017 who seek independent adjudication should:

  • complete an Online Form on the Scottish Government website or
  • you my write or phone Rent Service Scotland at their contact details below:

Rent Service Scotland (Private Residential Tenancy)
2nd Floor Endeavour House
1 Greenmarket
Dundee DD1 4QB
Phone: 0300 244 7000 or by Email

Private Residential Tenancies entered into on or after 1 December 2017 should Appeal to the Scottish Housing and Property Chamber.

If a tenant or landlord under a Private Residential Tenancy is unhappy with the rent that has been assessed by the Rent Officer, either one may apply to the Tribunal to have an assessment of the rent carried out.


Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services