Election of party lists and individual candidates for GLASGOW REGION.
Date of election 6th MAY 2021.
NOMINATION PAPERS can be obtained from the offices of the Regional Returning Officer, Election Office, Room B.07, 40 John Street, Glasgow G1 1JL. The office is open for the issue and delivery of nomination papers on weekdays from 10am to 4pm. (Due to Coronavirus restrictions please call 0141 287 5684 to arrange an appointment).
NOMINATION PAPERS must be delivered to the Regional Returning Officer, Election Office, Room B.07, 40 John Street, Glasgow G1 1JL between the hours of 10am and 4pm on any weekday (excluding Bank Holidays) after the date of this notice, but not later than 4pm on Wednesday, 31 March 2021.
If the election is contested the Poll will take place on Thursday, 6th May 2021 between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
A deposit of £500 must be paid by (a) BACS payment (preferred) (b) in person using cheque, bankers draft (made payable to Glasgow City Council) or cash or (c) by telephone using a credit/debit card.
Application for registration, postal and proxy voting deadlines
- Register to vote online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote: Monday 19th April 2021
- New postal vote applications (including proxies applying to vote by post) or amendments to existing postal or proxy arrangements: 5pm on Tuesday 6th April 2021
- To cancel an existing postal or postal arrangement, or to change from postal to proxy voting: 5pm on Tuesday 20th April 2021
- New proxy vote applications 5pm on Tuesday 27th April 2021
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy on the grounds of a medical emergency, or for work/service reasons or, if following Scottish Government advice or the advice of a registered medical practitioner in relation to Coronavirus, a voter is prevented from attending the polling station, must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday 6th May 2021. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday, 27th April 2021. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot attend the polling place in person after 5pm on Tuesday, 27th April 2021.
Contact details of Electoral Registration Officers in the Region
- Glasgow: Anniesland, Cathcart, Kelvin, Maryhill & Springburn, Pollok, Provan, Shettleston and Southside
Glasgow City Council, PO Box 15311, Glasgow G4 7DL on 0141 287 4444
Lanarkshire Joint Valuation Board, David Dale House, 45 John Street, Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0AA on 0800 030 4333
Printed and published by Annemarie O'Donnell, Regional Returning Officer, Election Office, 40 John Street Glasgow G1 1JL on 15th March 2021