Between 9pm on 31 July and 11am on 1 August, both sides of the M8 will close to allow the main span of the new bridge over the M8 at Sighthill, and diversions will be put in place to allow journeys that would normally use this part of the motorway to use alternative routes.
The diversions are as follows:
Eastbound carriageway closure
1) North Street - St Georges Road - Phoenix Road - Dobbies Loan - Kyle Street - Baird Street - Castle Street - Jn 15 Castle Street Eastbound on slip.
2) M8 Jn 18 St Georges Road off slip - Follow Diversion 1.
3) Follow Diversion 1.
4) A82 Great Western Road - West Graham Street - Garscube Road - Follow Diversion 1.
5 Craighall Road - Follow Diversion 1.
Westbound carriageway closure
1) Jn 15 Stirling Rd W/B off slip - Stirling Rd - Cathedral St - North Hanover St - Dobbies Loan - Phoenix Rd - Jn 17 Phoenix Rd W/B on slip.
2) A803 S/B - Castle St - A803 N/B - Join Diversion 1.
3) A803 N/B - A803 N/B off slip to A804 Baird Street - Baird Street - Join Diversion 1.
For more information on the wider regeneration of Sighthill - the biggest such project in the UK outside of London - please visit: https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/sighthill