Due to the current outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) some of our services have been affected. For further advice and guidance please read our Information for Service Users.
We thank you for your patience during this time.
If you wish to make an appointment, visit our office or make a comment, compliment or complaint about the service, please contact us by any of the methods given below.
Enquiries at the public counter
Applications submissions and payments can be made at our main reception desk at 45 John Street, Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Please note the counter at 231 George Street is for appointments only and does not accommodate general enquiries.
- It you wish to speak to a Surveyor please make an appointment.
- Alternatively you can contact us at the Email contact.
- Download Application Forms and Guidance Notes
Enquiries by telephone
Staff's time varies between in the office and out of office activities, technical staff dealing with your application may be available between the hours of 9.00 am and 12.00 noon, Monday to Friday.
- If you wish to check the status of live applications please check the online Building Standards Register.
- Staff's direct dial number and e-mail address will be given in your application correspondence.
- Staff have voicemail, please leave a message when they are not available.
- If you wish to make a general technical enquiry please call the number above between 9 am and 12.00 noon or use the Email contact.
Reporting a dangerous building
Our staff will be available from Monday to Friday from 9.00 am - 5.00 pm, to respond to reports of possible dangerous buildings on the above number.
Please do not report possible dangerous buildings by email as it will delay our response.
We also operate an out of hours service please contact:
- Phone: 0141 287 1059 - Option 2 (Emergency Callout Staff)
Building Standards and Public Safety
Development and Regeneration Services
231 George Street
Glasgow G1 1RX