Glasgow Film Office
What is it?
Glasgow Film Office is the film commission for Scotland's largest city offering a free service to all productions including feature films, television, commercials, music videos and more.
Glasgow has the largest concentration of TV, film and broadcast activity in Scotland. It is home to BBC Scotland HQ, STV HQ, and Channel 4 Nations and Regions Service.
In recent years this tradition in broadcast has been boosted by the growth of a flourishing independent film sector backed up by a rapidly growing facilities and supply infrastructure.
More films are now being shot in Glasgow than ever.
Why film in Glasgow
- a large, highly skilled crew base across all departments;
- a vibrant post-production and facilities sector;
- co-operation from Glasgow City Council in all aspects of road closures and traffic management;
- a fantastic variety of interior and exterior locations.
How can we help
- The Film Charter for the City of Glasgow adopted by Glasgow City Council ensures that productions filming in the city have co-operation from filming liaison officers in Glasgow City Council departments;
- location and crewing advice to recces and logistical support;
- assist companies identify film locations;
- provide logistical advice for projects shooting in the city.