Skip to content
Glasgow City Council


Contact Licensing

  • Phone 0141 287 5354

We issue various licences to allow businesses and individuals to provide certain activities such as operating taxis or selling alcohol.

What licences do we issue?


Gambling and Lotteries


House in Multiple Occupancy


Safety at Sports Grounds





The majority of licences are issued through our Licensing and Regulatory Committee or by  the City of Glasgow Licensing Board. Other bodies such as trading standards are also responsible for issuing certain types of licence or permission.

What is the EU Services Directive?

The EU Services Directive is a European law which allows you to apply and pay online for a variety of licences and permits. The directive came into force on 28 December 2009 and aims to open up the European internal market to cross-border trade in services, by making it easier for service providers to set up business or offer their services in other EU countries.

Share this page:

Help us improve this page:

A to Z:

Council Services