Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Discretionary Housing Payment

What is it?

If you are receiving housing benefit or housing costs within universal credit but are still having difficulty meeting your rent payments, you may be able to get extra help from the Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) Fund.

Priority is given to applications:

  • Where separated parents have a formal arrangement for shared care of a child, or children, and an additional bedroom is a requirement of the agreement.
  • To help with ongoing rental costs for a disabled person in significantly adapted accommodation.
  • To help with short term rental costs while the claimant seeks employment or secures alternative accommodation.
  • To help with short-term rental costs where the claimant is at risk of losing their tenancy resulting from an unexpected financial crisis.

How do I apply?

If you wish to be considered for a payment from the Discretionary Housing Payment Fund you must complete our DHP Application form


Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services