Toggle menu

Welfare Rights and Money Advice

Challenging Benefit Decisions

Links to online appeal forms that will allow you to lodge a request to have a decision looked at again or to lodge an appeal

Scottish Benefits - how to challenge a decision you are unhappy with

The Scotland Act 2016 devolved new powers on social security to the Scottish Parliament. This means that some Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) benefits have transferred to Scotland and new benefits also created. These benefits are administered by Social Security Scotland instead of the UK. You have the right to appeal decisions made by Social Security Scotland you are not happy with, although the system for doing so is different for the DWP benefits reserved to the UK.

Welfare Rights and Money Advice

The Welfare Rights and Money Advice Service provides: benefits advice and money advice to front line social work staff to help service users direct support to service users in more complex cases

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email