Skip to content
Glasgow City Council

Discretionary Housing Payment

Get in Touch

What is it?

If you are receiving housing benefit or housing costs within universal credit but are still having difficulty meeting your rent payments, you may be able to get extra help from the Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) Fund.

Priority is given to applications:

  • Where separated parents have a formal arrangement for shared care of a child, or children, and an additional bedroom is a requirement of the agreement.
  • To help with ongoing rental costs for a disabled person in significantly adapted accommodation.
  • To help with short term rental costs while the claimant seeks employment or secures alternative accommodation.
  • To help with short-term rental costs where the claimant is at risk of losing their tenancy resulting from an unexpected financial crisis.

How do I apply?

If you wish to be considered for a payment from the Discretionary Housing Payment Fund you must print off and complete our pdf icon application form [429kb]

Please send completed forms to:

Glasgow City Council
PO Box 36
G1 1JE

If you require assistance completing the form, please phone us on 0141 287 5050.

Share this page:

A to Z:

Council Services