What is it?
The Glasgow Guarantee, launched in September 2015, is the biggest programme of its kind in the UK. A legacy of the Commonwealth Games, the £50 million Glasgow Guarantee programme offers a commitment that all sectors in the city will work together to make sure that local people are assisted into employment and training.
Over the past decade 9,000 local residents and more that 2,000 businesses have benefitted from the Glasgow Guarantee - through jobs and training.
Who is it for?
The Glasgow Guarantee makes it easy for people in the city who are looking for a job to gain direct access to vacancies and training.
For businesses who are seeking new employees it provides a direct route to an approved pool of available and job ready candidates - with financial support to help recruit and train.
You can access these opportunities
For individuals if you are:
- a Glasgow resident (aged 16-64 years old) who lives within the Glasgow city boundary
- are unemployed and are working with one of our local approved Employability Providers to help you get ready to find your next job
- are about to leave school or college within the next three months
- are not currently part of any other training/employment programme
then we can offer you direct access to lots of job opportunities, and additional training, either through a full time job or a modern apprenticeship.
There are no age restrictions to join our programme and whatever your background and personal circumstances we have a dedicated network of approved Employability Provider partners across the whole city to work directly with you and support you to find, apply and get ready for your next job.
For businesses if you:
- are based within the Glasgow City Council boundary
- employ less than 250 employees
- are a private company, social enterprise or third sector organisation
- hold current public and employers' liability insurance
- intend to recruit for a new full time post(s) within the next 18 months
- are able to show payslips, payroll run and business bank statements to show payments to staff
- agree to only recruit from our pool of candidates
then we can offer you access to great financial incentives to help recruit and train your next employee - to help your business grow and prosper.
Find out more
Visit Glasgow Guarantee to find out how you can benefit from the programme.