Toggle menu

Get a Health and Social Care Service

What do we do?

We provide a variety of services which aim to:

  • ensure the safety and protection of vulnerable adults, young people and children
  • support individuals and families to maintain independence and to exercise choice about the way they live their lives

Our services include:

How do I ask /  apply online for a service?

You can apply online, using the boxes below which will open the relevant online form.

During office hours you can also phone Health and Social Care Connect by:

  • phone 0141 287 0555

If you need a service outwith office hours, you can contact Glasgow and Partners Emergency Social Work Services on 0300 343 1505.

Can I get a Service?

When you contact us, we will ask you some questions about your needs and the support that you require (or the person who you are contacting us on behalf of). We call this an 'assessment' and it is a conversation between us, yourself and your carer, if you have one. These questions let us know what matters to you and helps us identify the support and advice you need to help you live as independent a life as you can. Sometimes it will only take a matter of days to identify the support you need, and for others it may take some time. After our conversation with you, you may or may not need input from social work and health. We may recommend other people, places or services who can support and assist you with your needs better. An example of the help and support you may need includes linking you to supports in your community, healthcare, equipment, help in your home or residential care, support for carers and support for children and families.

There is also more information available on:

For information on care and support services in Glasgow visit Your Support Your Way Glasgow.

How do I get a Social Work Service out of office hours?

Glasgow and Partners Emergency Social Work Service, previously called Social Work Standby Service, provides an emergency social work service out of normal office hours. The service provides emergency social work intervention, relieve situations of acute risk and meet statutory obligations.

The service essentially deals with referrals which are too urgent to await action by the local social work office the following day.

How do I contact them?

You should phone 0300 343 1505 to contact them.

What areas do they cover?

The team is based in Glasgow but covers 7 local authority areas in the West of Scotland:


Do I need to pay for Services?

If we agree that you need a service then most people will have to make some contribution towards the cost of the social care service they use. However this will be based on your ability to pay, not the cost of the service. You will not pay more than you can afford and you will not pay more than the cost of the service. We will carry out a financial assessment based on your own circumstances to work out how much you need to pay.

For more information on paying for your service see our  charging policy for social care services (PDF) [233KB]  or our paying for your services (also called client contribution) on Your Support Your Way Glasgow.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email